Hi! My name is Virginia. You can call me Vinny.
I am a poet, non-fiction writer, and freelance editor who was raised in the literary and theater scenes of the 1990’s East Village. An alumna of The New School’s Graduate Creative Writing program, I became Editor-in-Chief at LIT Magazine in 2018 where I learned how to manage a website and how to curate effective, targeted content that can’t be found anywhere else.
What I Do
- Pitch leads to editors, deliver articles using keyword research and SEO
- Feedback in plot, character development, themes and motifs, line edits, and syntax
- Proficiency in MLA, APA, and Chicago-style guidelines for print or online publication
- Spearheaded the transition from print to online by seeking out writers and producing content from the archives, increasing online subscriptions
- Edited the 20th Anniversary issue with work from writers including Sharon Mesmer, Hettie Jones, and Joyce Carol Oates, translations of Dante and Vladimir Mayakovsky, and interviews with Sigrid Nunez and Mark Bibbins
- Optimized newsletter strategy and content with MailChimp